Santiago/St. James Episcopal Church
The Rev. Liz Muñoz
1. Does the program that you are seeking funding for meet one or more of these criteria?
The congregation or ministry is responsible for the delivery of services and the management of the program and the grant funds for which it applies., Members of the congregation or ministry are involved in the program’s activities as a significant number of volunteers, and/or a majority of the board or advisory committee., The congregation or ministry provides material financial and/or substantial in-kind support to the program.
2. Does this program offer its services to anyone experiencing poverty without regard to church membership, faith or participation in church activities?
3. Amount of funding you are seeking ($1000-$8000):
4. Please briefly describe the program, including the service(s) it provides to people living in poverty, how frequently these service(s) are offered and the approximate number of people it serves. If this program has a website, please include a link. (500 character limit)
Music and dance classes in Afro-Peruvian a twelve consecutive Saturday mornings. The targeted demographic are families with children between the ages of 4-17 near or below the poverty level.. Local artists Carmen Roman and Pierr Padilla will teach the classes. Warm meals and bag of groceries will be provided to all families and participants. Program will culminate with a public recital at either LakeMerritt Lake or another community venue.
5. How do you plan to use funding from Episcopal Impact Fund?
Funding will be used to pay local artists, purchase food from small local markets along International Blvd and finance a recital open to the public with food provided.
6. Do you have any partners in this program, including other Episcopal congregations? If so, please list.
7. Please attach the current budget for this program that shows all sources of funding, including from the congregation or ministry.