St. Augustine Episcopal Church "One Good Meal Program"
1. Does the program that you are seeking funding for meet one or more of these criteria?
The congregation or ministry is responsible for the delivery of services and the management of the program and the grant funds for which it applies., Members of the congregation or ministry are involved in the program’s activities as a significant number of volunteers, and/or a majority of the board or advisory committee., The congregation or ministry provides material financial and/or substantial in-kind support to the program.
2. Does this program offer its services to anyone experiencing poverty without regard to church membership, faith or participation in church activities?
3. Amount of funding you are seeking ($1000-$8000):
4. Please briefly describe the program, including the service(s) it provides to people living in poverty, how frequently these service(s) are offered and the approximate number of people it serves. If this program has a website, please include a link. (500 character limit)
St. Augustine's Episcopal Church - "One Good Meal Program" is our church's food pantry program. Pre-Covid we offered lunch and a bag of groceries to people in need in our neighborhood (Oakland) on the second and fourth of each month. During Covid we have not been able to offer lunch but we have continued with the distribution of a bag of groceries twice a month. We are currently serving 70-75 people per month. (This number was higher prior to COVID).
5. How do you plan to use funding from Episcopal Impact Fund?
Funds will be used to purchase Turkeys and other Thanksgiving food items items for our Thanksgiving grocery bags. Bags will be distributed the 2nd Saturday in November.
6. Do you have any partners in this program, including other Episcopal congregations? If so, please list.
7. Please attach the current budget for this program that shows all sources of funding, including from the congregation or ministry.